Friday, February 8, 2013

New Discoveries

This week, I discovered a couple new things that I really like:

Almond Milk
I got this for that homemade ranch recipe, but I had a glass of it by itself this morning, just to try it.  Love it!!  The kind we got is 60 calories/serving.  But, they also have an unsweetened kind that is 30 calories/serving (might try this next time).  I love the flavor of the kind we got and will probably be using this in place of dairy milk from now on (to drink by itself, in cereal, in recipes, etc.).

Frozen bananas
A couple weeks ago I froze a bunch of bananas since they were getting really ripe, so I could use them in smoothies and whatnot.  The other day I needed one more fruit serving, so I got one of the bananas out of the freezer to try.  WOW!  I was not expecting it to taste like a banana fudge pop.  Seriously.  I was thinking it would be too frozen to bite into right away, but it wasn't ....... it was the same consistency as an ice cream pop.  The only thing that was a bit of a problem was that it was SO cold to hold in my hand.  I had to keep switching hands to avoid frostbite, lol.  Next time I think I will try putting a Popsicle stick inside 'em before putting them in the freezer.

So glad I discovered these new healthy things that will be common things to keep in my house from now on.  Try it, you might like it! :)

1 comment: